Translate

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Easily Adaptable, Simple Salad


Okay, so everyone knows how to make a salad: lettuce, assorted veggies, cheese, meat, croutons, salad dressing-- Yum! But, if you are AIP, you can't have cheese, croutons, or store bought salad dressings. Firstly, to solve the salad dressing problem, I have a tasty, AIP friendly Balsamic Vinaigrette! I used carrots in the recipe to give the look of shredded cheese, and red onions to give the crunch of croutons!

Yields: 1 serving

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 to 2 cups spinach (you will find that I really love spinach!)
  • 1 carrot; sliced (won't be using the whole thing)
  • 1/3 cup cucumber; cubed
  • 1/8 cup red onion; cubed
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette (my recipe)

Directions:

  1. Put the spinach on your plate.
  2. Add your assorted vegetables. (I sliced my carrot with a vegetable peeler! It created these lovely, thin ribbons.)
  3. I used about 2 tablespoons of my Balsamic Vinaigrette over the top.
Note: I also like adding some baked, AIP friendly seasoned chicken in my salads! Salad is so easily adaptable, so find a variation you like and share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment